Wednesday 26 January 2011

Scarf -tutorial

I am not feeling lazy anymore so here is some pics for you! This is an old wool that I heritaged with many others. This one includes 35% wool and 65% polyacrylic. It is white and weights 250g.


It is my own design  but very easy to knit it and I bet many people have knit a scarf like this before. I am sure that also a beginner can do it.

I started with 10 stitch, added 1 at the end of every 4th round/turn until I had about 60-65 stitches (can't remember exactly).  But you can make it as wide as you want; bigger or smaller.

Then I started to take in 1 stitch at the end of every 4th round/turn until I had again 10 stitches left which I cast off.

And then I cut the tassels using a DVD box as good measurement. I twine the thread around the box and cut off from one side. Then I finished the scarf by fastening these threads to hang from the two edges that form the triangle of the scarf.





This finished scarf weights 98g so it doesn't take a lot of thread to make one. I had 250g ball of it so there's plenty of thread left for another scarf. We'll see who is going the get that. :)

This scarf will be sealed into a package and will be sent away. To be honest, new scarf -but from another thread- is already in the half way. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...