Monday 11 May 2015

VikingKnit

As a matter of fact I am not a person of hard craft materials. But on January 2015 I had a try. I signed in on a course at Kivalo-opisto where I work as a teacher. I usually don't have a time to go any weekly lessons. But this one was set on two weekends; one on January and one on May. He came with me. To Him PreciousMeatlWorks are familiar from the past. So I was brave and tried out something new on this year. I must admit, this won't stay as an experiment or trial run. I learnt it is not at all about hard craft.

I used 925 SterlingSilverWire on VikingKnitting. I had other ideas in my mind what to do on the course. But when He saw all the alternatives there was available to try out and to do He immediately ordered me to take this challenge. Once in a life time I listened to someone and decided to obey. I don't regret.

I fell in love with VikingKnit. I never thought I would. But it really was MyThing despite I didn't know it. It was like a mix of stitching and knitting. I just knit with the silver wire and then later or we decided what to do with it all. I used 15 meters of SterlingSilverWire (size 0,6). I did it in two parts. On January 2015 I used 5 meters and of that I did wristlet and earrings. On May 2015 I used 10 meters and did necklace of it. The necklace was left thicker than the wristlet and earrings. If you look closer you can see the structure is a bit different. But because the method is the same it doesn't bother at all.

I warmly and truly can recommend you all to try this out.

This is my first ever silver project. It is 925 Sterling silver. The method is Viking Knit. All the "stitchers, knitters and hookers" should try this out. For sure they will fall in love. There is no design for this project. I just knit and later on we decided what to do with it all. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...