Tuesday 14 July 2015

Butterfly

Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch & Beading  magazine Issue No. 68 was a gift from a friend several years ago. It has a beautiful Butterfly design by Barbara Savage on the page 43. I do like projects working with just one shade. But in this time I wanted just to try it out how this beautiful design would look  stitched by DMC's Variegated shades. I used the shades DMC 51 for the forewings, DMC 90 for the hindwings and DMC 69 for the antennas and body.

I cose Zweigart's 14 Count Aida Silver Flecked White to be used in this project. A little bit of shine and luxury but not too much bling bling.

I added some extra to frame the butterfly. For the frame I used backstitches. Inner frame shade is DMC 69, the middle one in DMC 90 and the outer frame is DMC 51.

This is how my butterfly looks like compared to the original.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...