Saturday 13 February 2016

BigBrush

Exactly 12 weeks ago I sheared angoras. I was expecting the next time to be on the begin of March. But my Angoras started to look like rescue cases. I got worried about their well being because they looked so messy; especially the white ones. I thought most of the wool would be spoiled and waste.

But no, they just looked awful and the wool was mostly excellent and very long. And unfortunately they looked awful again 2 hours after the grooming. They seem to enjoy about the sun which has started to be seen around again. So the angoras jump around and dig a lot and do all the fussy things bunnies love to do.

Despite at the moment we have mild around zero temperatures I still can not cut all the wool off. Frost wont be over despite soon it will officially be Spring. So I tried out brushing. And it worked so well. The angoras loved it. I sheared the heads, necks, chests and legs. The rest I just brushed. They all were so excited and satisfied with this grooming. It took 8 hours to groom all 4 angora rabbits!

At first there was no wind so AuntLulu was groomed outside on our terrace. Look all that fabulous wool I brushed out!

Viola's wool was a big surprise to me. It had changed a lot. It was thicker than ever and massed; opposite than it has been. She loved grooming and preferred it much much more than shearing. In the future I will rather get the wool by brushing her there where I can instead of just shearing it all off. No matter it will take double of the time. It is worth of it with Her.

 Sleipnir looks always a bit funny after shearing. Now when I mostly groomed her she turned out PrettyLady with beautiful wool coat! From this pic you can see how I sheared the front area. I did it to keep them more clean and to ease their lives.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...