Thursday 12 May 2016

SergerCare

I have talked a lot about Helga but only now I realized you have not seen proper pic of Her. She is Husqvarna Viking Hyskystar E20. I can not remember for sure when I got Helga because the dramatic lost of Poor Iris was so overwhelming that exact dates got lost in my mind. Anyway She is hardly 10 years old. As you know I have not been as satisfied with Her as I was with Poor Iris. But for some reason since Helga heard about Anne of Green Gables She has been doing so much better.

Today Husqvarna Viking sells My Hyskystar is H Class E20 machine but it seems to be the same; a bit improved model I guess.

I have also a serger. He is BrotherLock 929D. He doesn't have any special name because "brother" means "veli" in Finnish. And "veli" is actually official first name used in Finland. So we call Him just Brother. :) He is old too; about 15 years. He too has been hard working but during the past two years He has started to think about the retirement.

I like Him a lot and He is easy to use. I have been a bit sad when thinking about letting Him go.

Once more I tried to cheer Him up by dusting, proper cleaning & oiling.

For the first time we ended up opening Him all naked. Don't try this at home if you are not sure what to do. Opening the covers fades away the warranty. I do this only when MyMachines are too old for the warranty.

I was happy to notice there was no dust inside. It proves I have been taking good care of Him. But we oiled all the moving parts which contact another part. And TheMiracle really happened. Today He sounds like a young virile man!

Today I am very happy with MyMachies. Now when I got my first ever treadle sewing machine Anne of Green Gables with Her strong power, managed to tempt Helga to continue Her career and rose up Brother's manpower back to its magnificent level; I can do what ever I desire... in sewing! Not to mention about saving about 600€ when I didn't need to buy new machines. The service of Anne cost 70€. I needed to drive to Arctic Circle to get Her home but I was smart and arranged it to happen on our Theater Night so it didn't cause me any extra cost because we anyway had drove there and back. (She got in the service car in MyCity Kemi.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...