Friday 1 July 2016

BabyBlanketNo4

It all started with my own design, poor old bamboo crochet hook No6 and...

...this very old yarn from Novita. It has not been sale for ages. It is pretty thick and warm yarn.  It has 48% wool, 48% polyacryl and 3% chlorofibre (100g = 110m).

Pretty soon I noticed I needed new crochet hook No6. One cost 2,50€ at the local super market and the pack of 5 just 3,50€. Of course I bought this bigger pack. I also needed at least No7 hook.

The size of the hooks are the same but the form is not. I was a bit worried could it be seen at the result that the hook was changed. But no, I just worried in vain.

Pretty White&Rose for cute little girl.

Also Blue was included.

The yarn was old so I washed the finished BabyBlanketNo4 just in case to get all the dust away. Here you can see how I used GrannySquare method in making this blanket.

When it got dry I packed it up for wild 1st ever birthday party!

PS. The cutest thing ever with this BabyBlanketNo4 is that 5 year old big brother saw me crocheting this. He asked if he could borrow this when it is finished. I said I don't know, you need to ask it from BabyA. He asked who is BabyA. I asked who indeed is BabyA. You should have seen his eyes when he realized it was going to be his baby sister's birthday gift. What a smile! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...