Friday 21 October 2016

Where are we now?

MyLoom has finally got TheWarp. I've been woven 18 years ago for the last time; if we don't count my Silver Woven Bracelet. MyLoom has a bit different kind of instructions than the ones I have from the art college times. At the end I ended up following these instructions MyLoom had with it.

It is amazing that so many years have passed by and I still have a clue what to do with it all!

Step by step and by the help of YoungLady and Him we managed to transfer the warp to the warp beam.

All in the right order!

But the work was not done yet.

Each thread needs to be pulled through the heddle eye according to special order.

Here you need to double check everything; in extremely neurotic way!

Finally when every warp end is trough the heddle eye you find yourself doing the last check up.

MyLoom had many kind of hooks with it but He kindly cut these ones out of plastic CandyBoxCover. The ones I am familiar to work with.

Then I had to do the drawing-in through the reed by using my brand new recycled hooks.

Again you find yourself checking out that each thread is in the right order.

But checking it all out very neurotic is just good. Then you avoid to start it all from the begin again. It is better to notice the mistakes immediately.

Now we are here, at this point.
We?
Who we?

We.
I & Cat.
???

Wish me luck. I am not a cat person and now we need to cope with extremely interesting warp.

Well, so far we seem to have some kind of truce. The warp is untouched and She is allowed to do anything but not to touch ANY yarn, thread, wool or ANY mouse tail looking thing with the loom.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...