Tuesday 27 December 2016

Out Of Africa

I have finally finished The 2016 Reading Challenge. Last book to finish was the one I own but have never read: Karen Blixen's Out Of Africa.

To be honest I have read this for months. Not because it is dull. No, not at all. Because it is something I didn't want to bring to the inexorable end. I've seen the movie of it several times but this book is greater than the film despite it is one of my favorite movies. I must confess that if I had not visited Karen Blixen's grave and farm in Denmark last summer I had cried my eyes out of my head when reading through the misery end. But because I was at her Danish home I know it all was not -at the end- her end.

If you can read only one book; read this. Through these pages you really can hear a strong, advanced & progressive woman to tell you her story. You really can hear her speak. Despite it is old fashion story with old language we all can learn something from it; a bit of humanity... from even those things you may feel cruel at first. This book gives so much more than the movie but it is not either the book or the movie; it is definitely the B O T H!

I think this is going to be the one I will name if I'll be asked -in the future- to name my favorite book.


PS. This year -2016- I have finished 20 books! It makes 12 of this complete challenge and even 8 more! I do challenge myself for the next year with this idea "a book you own but have not read". Meaning that next year I will read only the books which can be found at my library and have been waiting there ages for me to read them! Next year I will tell you all about them!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...