Monday 30 January 2017

So disappointed

On the begin of January  I started Jo Baker's Longbourn. I have finished it now and after a very long time I crashed at a huge disappointment with a book. Just do not waste your time with this.

On the begin it was very entertaining and connected with the title but then it escaped far too disconnected. Well, it was still connected but it just escaped and travelled too far. If you want to know about history then it may be ok.

But when you pick up a book praised and promised to tell about the life at The Bennets' house known by Jane Austen's  Pride and Prejudice you expect a tasteful amount of a side story, despite it is individual and of course can not copy Austen. You expect charming language and intelligence, Especially when the novel is praised to be genius. But then you find yourself being slapped against your face by rude words popping out there you don't expect. Don't get me wrong, I do can read rude language and unfortunately even speak myself too. BUT it was very irritating to be slapped by them at my face like this while reading neat and nice sentences.

Because of the start I recommended this to YoungLady who likes Jane Austen. She started it before I had changed my opinion about this. And I am happy she had sense to stop it and drop out because she experienced it dull and not enough close to the original story of the house. Opposite to Austen, at least this Jo Baker's book is not appropriate for YoungLadys at their teens where they are vulnerable and sensitive.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...