Wednesday 3 May 2017

Trial

You know I used to be very satisfied to Finnish Novita's 7 veljestä yarn to make proper and lasting woollen socks. But after good old times they have put the quality down. I knit pretty romantic socks for Me from Novita's old collection I still had last balls left.

Now I went to MyFavouriteLocalYarnShop Pieni lankapuoti and asked if they had any other yarn to be recommended for TheSocks. They guided me to try this out. It is Lankava's Alli yarn. So I bought just one ball (100g) of it. It cost 4,90€. I designed and knit ShortSummerSocks for Me&MySelf .

The shade is delicious even tough I could wish it to be similar but MediterraneanBlue... JeansBlue could do just fine too. But more curious I am to see what happens to these socks in use. The yarn has 75% wool and 25% polyamide (100g = 200m). There was few irregularities in the yarn; but only few in the whole 200m.

The start is promising; the feeling of the yarn and finished pair of socks remind GoodOldSockYarns. But you never know on these days anymore, they could have added some chemicals to it... As you see I am very suspicious because of my disappointments to Novita's quality. Let's hope Lankava will become my new friend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...