Saturday 9 April 2016

MySilverAviary

 At the moment I am reading Frances Hodgson Burnett's book The Secret Garden because of The 2016 Reading Challenge. I must tell you YoungLady found this book by accident at our local library. She fell in love with cover pics and brought the book home. Her pure and honest intention was only to see the pictures. It happened to be The Secret Garden illustrated by Inga Moore. The pics were so fascinating that YoungLady ended up to read a word here and there and sooner than she realized when was hooked with the secret! And the same happened to me. It is amazing how so called children book can catch you up even you are an adult; a grown up. I am happy I picked up this book for my reading challenge... especially illustrated by Inga Moore. I recommend you all to seek it in your hands and read; no matter about your age. I am hooked up to it too. I can not wait the next moment to read more about the secret!

BUT... this story of The Secret Garden inspired me a lot. It was time for another Silver Work Lessons. When we drove there I had no idea what I will make; except finish the one I started on the last time. Whilst I felt sorry I had to leave The Secret Garden at home I was eyeing books to get inspired. When I got Astari G. Swatantri's book Kiehtova hopeasavi (free translation = Fascinating Art Clay) I knew what I wanted to create & make.

I used cork clay...

...and followed the instructions
(and every now and then interrupted our teacher with my questions)

Finally the most exciting work started. I used art clay silver; syringe type. It really needed patience and steady hand.

It still is not finished yet. Some polishing will be done in the future...

Anyway I was happy to see important rose was visible on the bottom!

It is a tiny aviary!

A place no bird should be chained in.

So, MySilverAviary is empty. It's door is a bit open. Designed by me but very much inspired and followed Astari G. Swatantri's design & instructions in her book. Not to mention the inspiration from The Secret Garden. 

This is going to be a pendant for a necklace which is my own design. It is for YoungLady and hopefully will remind her all her life not to be like me; to stop reading children book when nobody ask you to do so anymore! This aviary will be part of a bigger project with which I will be working with during the following years with my Silver Work hobby.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...