Tuesday 14 March 2017

From UK

I've been far and away. I was in London, UK. I visited The Spring Stitching & Knitting Show. I planned the whole trip just to go to see the show which I have wanted to see for years. Of course there was far too much to see for a girl like me and I had only hand luggage with me so it limited a lot what I was able to buy. If I would have not needed to care about how to bring it all home I had bought tons of fabrics! BUT because I had to care about what fits in I had to leave all the pretty fabrics there.

Instead of fabrics I found SpinCity! We do have drop spindles here in Finland too but all I've seen are traditionally wooden. I have been planning to buy a drop spindle but because my mother-in-law has one I have not been in a hurry with that. When meeting Louise at the show and all her beautiful self made drop spindles I had to get one. It was very difficult to pick up the most prettiest one! Well, I ended up in flowers because of beautiful EnglishGardens that I love.

There was included a bit of yarn spun as a sample. One of my favorites -blue. That's why I decided to keep it.

I twisted it around my fingers like this...

...and tied the end around it to secure it all. This is something I learnt at the art college when studying textile & cloth designing. Very useful!

BUT Louisa had something else too for me! She had made some yarn and felted projects of wool which she had included a bit of sparkling. I had to buy a bag of each metallic fibers she had there for sale. Now I have Gold Angelina, Silver Angelina, Electric Blue Angelina, Peacock Angelina and Rainbow Firestar and to be honest: I can not wait summer season to be able to start felting outside to try these out! My garden has still almost 1 meter snow over it and it is far too cold to bring my felting stuff there! UNFAIR!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...