Saturday 1 April 2017

MySilverCones

LastSummer I spent time with handsome MrN. We cycled around the woods and He kindly seek me tiny cones. They are actually inflorescences of alders.

We picked up several... actually plenty enough. I dried them with patience. Few got broken but still there was enough left for my Silver Work Course.

I used art clay silver; paste type. I painted the cones by it like if I had used paint.

After applying the 1st layer I had to dry it all very well.

Then I painted each one again...

...and dried up again. I actually applied three proper layers of art clay silver over them. For these 6 cones I used 20g of art clay silver.

I polished them and then they were ready to get small & practical silver loops & chains etc.

After that they got more polishing and rinsing and then they were finally ready. Art clay silver truly is my material. I like to work a lot with it.

Do you remember I started art clay silver project last year? MySilverAviary was the 1st item of it. ThisSpring I made the cones for the necklace. The teacher introduced the idea to use all natural materials for art clay silver last year and here it is now as I see it. YoungLady can already use Her necklace and during the years She will get more pendants for it. Next year I plan to create a bird and a squirrel for it.

I must confess He is much more clever than I am at silver work so He kindly (and fast) made the chain of 925 Sterling Silver Wire for this project. (Last year He made me RomanovChainNecklace.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...