Thursday 25 December 2014

BlanketNo3


So it all started -MyBigXmasSecret-. It all started because of one ball of Cewec's Silver Soft yarn. (100% acryl, 100g = 330 meters). Little Lady wanted to buy one ball of it at my favourite yarn shop very many months ago. She never ended up doing something of it. When she had forgot it I found myself from the sofa with it.

Sooner than I realised it had turned out to be 5 big Granny Squares. Ooops. I had destroyed her yarn.

But the accident was so extremely beautiful that I wanted more. You know; it is the same with chocolate. You just taste a bit and then you notice it all is gone....

So, there I was; deeper than deep in the trouble. See, despite of all the hard work lovely ladies at Pieni lankapuoti were not able to find or get me more of it. I phoned to several yarns shops selected by the cities I have friends -yes, very tactical- to find out in Oulu they had it. At the end my friend L brought it to me from her journeys to Oulu.

I needed also some white about which you find more about my latest yarnaholic confession.

Well, this is not a secret anymore and I can tell -like we all- Little Lady loves her VerySpecialBlanket. She was curious to know how I managed to do it so hide because we are always together. Well, she forgot she goes to school and I don't work out of house all the time. So, it was not a problem. Pile of Granny Squares kept growing higher slowly but surely...

...until I was at this point. Little Lady -like you too- was curoius to know where I was hiding the blanket so that she never crashed at it. Well, that for sure I am not going to tell anyone otherwise I will lost my VerySecretPlaces.

At this point when all of 32 squares were finished Mr W was very helpful by letting me in and swapping the squares from a place to another until it all looked satisfying.

So here it is
My Very Own Design
BlanketNo3

E N J O Y
M Y
D E A R
F R I E N D S
















And no, it was not a huge job to tidy all those loose end yarns because (see the begin of this post) att those beautiful shades come from one sinlge ball. Simple, fast and rewarding. Yes, traditionally Granny Squares are made of left over yarns and it would have been cheaper to use them. BUT, one ball cost about 6€ but it had 330meters of yarn and I needed just 6 balls of it (plus this white) so at the end the cost were not huge. Neither the time because I saved my precious hours by using this kind of yarn. I -truly warmly- can recommend it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...