Tuesday 29 March 2016

MyHusqvarna

Helga is getting old. She is my 2nd ever sewing machine. She is Husqvarna Viking Huskystar E20. She has got her name from literature; according to Hagar the Horrible's poor wife.

My 1st sewing machine was called IirisRukka (free translation = PoorIris) according to Finnish author Anni Sawn's story about orphan girl. I can not remember which type my 1st sewing machine was but it was the simplest available on 1996. It was the time electronic started to get into sewing machines more and more. Embroidery abilities and everything. I wanted just basic sewing machine so I got IirisRukka as my WeddingMorningGift which is traditionally given to bride so that she can earn her own living if something happens to her brand new husband. Still I named my new sewing machine PoorIris because I knew how hard she will need to work no matter will my dear husband stay alive or not. And I would feel totally orphan if something ever happens to my hubby. <3

Years after I needed new sewing machine because at the end -when my dear hubby was still very much alive- PoorIris just literally fell apart. I still miss her: peace to her soul...

So I ended up to Helga with whom I've been singing a lot. Helga has been chosen like PoorIris. PoorIris was the last iron based Husqvarna machines which still were produced in Sweden despite she looked all plastic. She had much plastic but more iron than PoorIris. Helga has not been as excellent as I wished. Too plastic, too light. And so she has started to give me a hard time. So, seriously, despite she is still working, I have started to consider to get another sewing machine.

I have always loved Husqvarna sewing machines. Why? Well, they come from Sweden so availability in MyWorld is great; also for the replacement parts. They are proper machines so I do just fine with them. But I've been seeking and seeking new machine. Even been considering to change the trade mark. I don't dare to buy it because I don't know what to get today. They all look plastic, promise this and that... but how can I know. Over 20 years have passed and Helga last must less than PoorIris... I need power, not pretty out look, from my sewing machines.

BUT... on the other day before Easter I was visiting my mother and realized I had forgot something about my grandmother. But when I saw IT I got flash back and immediately at the front of my eyes I saw granny very much alive. IT had started to be revealed under the piles of stuff stored and sorted out in her bed room. IT was breathless. I was holding my breath. We stared at each other and then I could only say with greed and love: "You still have IT here! Can I have IT?" Well, I didn't got HER so easy. At First I needed to tell why I suddenly want it despite I had been offered even more ancient sewing machine after the death of my mother's granny. Well, I was young and fool then and didn't understand these could be better than brand new ones. When my mother understood I am going to use it if we get it function she allowed Him to carry it out.

And so IT became SHE. I heard HER taking HER 1st breath after too many years. The story tells SHE should be just fine like SHE was before my granny had her stroke but He took HER to sewing machine mechanic to get oil changed, checked up and pampered before we demand anything from HER. The mechanic was enthusiastic and said SHE'll be doing just fine and is going to be a great worker. He'll call me by the arctic circle when SHE is ready to come home from her rehabilitation holiday. Hopefully in a month.

So, may I introduce... Anne of Green Gables!!! (Vihervaaran Anna in Finnish.) Yep, from Lucy Maud Montgomery's stories.

She is Husqvarna Automatic sewing machine from 50's I think. She has electric lights! WOW! I love her already.

She is as nostalgic as Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables. I wish her to be as everlasting and legendary too. At the moment I set all my hope on her and wish she will stay with me for years and last over the times, storms and disasters.

Anne of Green Gables, I hope you will be just fine. I don't mind you are people powered sewing machine; a treadle sewing machine... as long as you work proper with thick materials. I love you already. <3
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...